Monday, August 13, 2007

Deep Thoughts, by Man Down

I have to start by communicating how pleased I am at being part of the Go Banana legend.

Of course I always obey the commandments

Ride on open trails only.
Respect other trail users.
Respect the environment.
Always stay on the trail.
Ride don't slide.
Pack it out.
Know your limits.

There is one commanments that is missing.

If a banana falls ride over them

The astute may notice that 2 of the 4 video stars are riding with not just the cool Go Banana Jersey but also poison spider socks. I found this troubling as we departed on the ride as one of my poison spider socks has been missing and it really has funked my ride (2 years missing plus Poison Spider comed from the Memories of Moab Mountain Bike tour that Go Banana took in 2005). This actually caused me to be a bit off and fall a few times on the video ride.

This morning just one week after the video shoot I have successfully reunited both poison spider socks. This will allow me to stop wearing black dress socks and fly with the other members of the team.

I would also like to thank Ben Eagan a fellow banana rider and the video guy for shooting the video. His work can be found at http://the20gigapology.com/. Since we have worked together filming these shots I can honestly say Ben is like a son to me now. He is like a grasshopper in training.

Over and out.

Man Down

2 comments:

Jason Clarke said...

Does this reuniting of the socks mean you won't fall down as much?? eh..man down?

The Third

InternationalManofMystery said...

If a man falls in the forest and doesn't make a sound should he still be called man down.

I get knocked down but I get up again ... your never gonna keep me down ...

The socks do not make the man ... the man makes the sock.

Or to really answer your question ... no.