Friday, August 17, 2007

Going To Graceland

I have changed my ride several times over 3 years. I started with a Marin and then I was lured into the Specialized cult with a very nice cross country racing bike called the Epic Marathon. My friends can attest to the fact that I was quoting Ned and often speaking of the inertial valve and I was decked head to toe in cool specialized attire.

Next one sunny summer day while looking to upgrade my shock I ended up buying a Santa Cruz Blur LT. This baby was Orange and I am very happy with everything on the bike and I really like Orange. Since then I have found there are two kinds of people in the world. Those who own Blurs and those who want to own them.

So back to Graceland. I am on a plane heading to the Bay Area and I feel a calling to go to the homeland/birthplace of this nice new bike, I plan or trekking to Santa Cruz one afternoon, sit meditating on the beach and then check out the factory and any potential Santa Cruz bling. Stay tuned for a summary of my quest.

…. Man Down

1 comment:

Thomas Fletcher said...

I too thought about buying a Blurr ... but then I realized that there were indeed only two kinds of people in this world:
"Those who buy Blurr's and those whose wives tell them that the 'Blurr is too much bike for you'"