Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Elvis Sighting

As I mentioned I happened to be in Santa Cruz this weekend. I sent an email to the bike company of the same name and they offered a tour. Here is the response they sent to my query

"Hi Charles,
I'm going to hook you up with our inside Canadian rep - Dano, and he may be able to show you around if he's available and has the time.
I'll CC him on this email.
Have a good trip and thanks for choosing Santa Cruz.
Scott Turner - Santa Cruz Bicycles
Santa Cruz, California
scott@santacruzbicycles.com
www.santacruzbicycles.com"

I did connect with Dan and he agreed to show us around.

Little Miss Sunshine (Bailey) and the gang minus Ben had a great tour of the Santa Cruz Mtb bike factory.

See the photo's here http://hs.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3924&id=500152452 if you have facebook.

The frames are manufactured somewhere else but the painting/kitting all happens at this factory. The people were very friendly and the company seemed very cool and laid back. Apparently the company treats their employees very well. Overall there are 60 people in the company and the revenue they make is about the same as QNX.

I mentioned the Santa Cruz sponsored person from the Summer Solstice who had the amazing lap times and that we let him pass us in the race so he would look good. Notice the green bike frame in the photos ... This is a special bike for some world champion (Aussie) for an upcoming race.

We were given some free tee's and I also bought a jersey. I will have to see how it works on the trail. I am anxious to get back to good old KL.

.... Man Down

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look forward to trying the new shirt ... oh wait, you only got them for the blurr riders!