Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 5

Today was a long day with lots of singletrack and climbing. At the 15 km point I broke a chain followed by my derailler hanger. We were pretty much done except when all hope was lost a fellow racer asked if we needed help and he had a hanger that fit my bike! After fixing the four of us headed to the second aid station and just hit the cutoff with 10 min to spare. We fueled up and started another climb. There was a lot of fun singletrack at the end but we were pretty tired. I went over my bars and Charles fell off a rather large bridge.

We the ended the day by missing the ferry. We caught the next one and then had ice cream.

On to day 6

Brian
Brian Edmond
Crank Software Inc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still not reading anything about bacon!!!! Just about lots of hills and people falling off of bridges....If I assume 80 calories for a thick slice of bacon, and you guys riding for about 8 hours each day at a caloric burn rate of approx 500 kcal/hour over 6 days that puts you at a caloric deficit of approx 24,000 calories or 300 slices of bacon!!! Or 240 bananas!! ;-)