Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Best Excuse Yet


Early morning seems to be the best time for us to get out and ride due to all our busy schedules. However, there is a down side to it.....it's really F*#&'n early, and cold, and usually wet, and I'm tired and cranky, and I want to go back to bed.......and the list goes on. I know that once I get on the trail I'm always happy I pushed through the pain of the early morning because riding before work makes a better day. But still from the time the alarm goes off at six until I'm dressed and biking down a trail I can't help think "how can I get out of this".

So today I was meeting up with the legendary "Man Down" at 7am @ the Huntmar entrance. It rained all night and was very cool so as usually both of us were going through excuses in our head for the usual reason. But upon arriving at the Huntmar parking lot we saw the best excuse yet....there was a giant yellow monster eating Kanata Lakes right where we were about to enter the trails. So we promptly took this as a sign and went for a yummy breakfast.

If you are looking for information on what is actually happening at the huntmar entrance it's explained here (post #5):

http://www.mtbkanata.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36528

No comments: